[WSBAPT] Petition for Anti-Harassment Order

Carl L. Gay clgay at tfon.com
Mon Oct 9 17:06:02 PDT 2017

Howdy, neighbor.

I would first confirm with a local title company that a sale of the property
would be insured with the easement to the parcel.

I would have the neighbor personally served with a demand letter (to show
the court your attempt to resolve the matter without litigation), but since
the predicate step of a demand letter sounds like a waste of time, you
should plan to file a declaratory judgment action to quiet title (since she
is disputing the validity of the easement) which could include a request to
the court for a mandatory injunction prohibiting her from interfering with
the estate’s beneficial use and enjoyment of the easement.  I would ask for
attorney fees and costs (RCW 11.96A.150).

Your firm should already have my pleading forms for such an action, but if
not just give me a call.

Good luck, Jeff.

Best regards,

clg

CARL LLOYD GAY

what counts in life is what we do for others

GREENAWAY, GAY & TULLOCH

Attorneys and Counselors at Law

829 East Eighth Street       Suite A

Port Angeles, Washington   98362

Email                       <mailto:clgay at tfon.com> clgay at tfon.com

Telephone               (360) 452-3323

Facsimile                  (360) 452-3724

THIS EMAIL TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED, AND MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION THAT IS COVERED BY THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
PRIVACY ACT (18 USC §§ 2510-2521). IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR
AGENT RESPONSIBLE TO DELIVER THE MESSAGE TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE
HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS
COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS
COMMUNICATION IN ERROR; PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE AND/OR
EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE. THANK YOU