[WSBAPT] Non-Profit Entity/Board President as Personal Representative

Lisa E Schuchman lisa at lisaschuchman.com
Tue May 30 18:07:15 PDT 2017

David, I've done that in similar circumstances. However, I've mostly designated the CEO, rather than a board president.

Lisa E. Schuchman
206-960-4212
www.lisaschuchman.com<http://www.lisaschuchman.com>

I learn, I give. – Gloria Steinem

On May 30, 2017, at 3:29 PM, David Faber <david at faberfeinson.com<mailto:david at faberfeinson.com>> wrote:

I have a maybe strange (or maybe banal to most of you, but new and strange to me) question: Client wants to leave their entire estate to a nonprofit entity, and they want to name the then-sitting president of the board, or their designee, as Personal Representative of Client's estate. The Client is widowed with no children, wants nothing to do with their extended family, and has no close friends. The Client also does not want to hire a specific professional fiduciary because the estate is not massive and they want to make it is as easy as possible for the nonprofit. My question: would the following language fly?

"I nominate and appoint the then-acting President, or designee thereof, of [NONPROFIT], a not-for-profit corporation located in [LOCATION], Washington State, to serve as my Personal Representative."

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
210 Polk Street, Suite 1
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and destroy the copy you received.***