[WSBAPT] re-recording a deed

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Tue May 9 08:51:52 PDT 2017

I agree with Paul and Eric. Only an individual can execute a TOD deed, because individuals have deaths, and trusts don’t. It is the same reason you can’t name a TOD beneficiary on brokerage accounts held in a trust, and why an Individual Retirement Account cannot be held by a trust.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.