[WSBAPT] Medicaid pay-back

Jennifer Nugent jennifer at jennifernugentlaw.com
Thu May 4 16:47:53 PDT 2017

Good afternoon,

I represent a lay guardian who was appointed as Guardian of her adult son a few months ago.  At the time of appointment, he was thought to be indigent and qualified for Medicaid and was moved to an Adult Family Home.  We just discovered that he has significant assets in bank account that will disqualify him from Medicaid.

I am wondering if people have experience in negotiating the amount of money that Medicaid is paid back in these type of circumstances?

Thanks,

[Jennifer Nugent]