[WSBAPT] receipt and waiver of notice - minor

Matt Johnson Matt at gravislaw.com
Wed Mar 29 08:29:39 PDT 2017

All,

Can a parent waive a child's right to notice of filing of the declaration of completion of probate?

Small estate, child is not a relative of testator and has been gifted a car valued less than $ 2,000, parents are also not related to Testator, but father is acting as PR of estate.

Gift is being transferred to mom as custodian, I'd like to have waiver of notice to close quicker, but do not want to incur the expense of a GAL. I've done some looking and can't find a clear answer that I either can or cant.

Thank you in advance,

Matthew R. Johnson | Attorney at Law
Gravis Law, PLLC
P.O. Box 182 | 350 E. Main St.
Dayton, WA 99328
509-382-2030 (office)
Website <https://www.gravislaw.com/> - LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-r-johnson/2b/997/87a>

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522, is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by reply e-mail to matt at gravislaw.com<mailto:matt at gravislaw.com> and immediately delete the original message.