[WSBAPT] 3d party property abandoned at decedent's home

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Mar 20 16:38:06 PDT 2017

Probate administration, and decedent's house had a considerable amount of tangible personal property in the basement that belongs to a third party, who has disappeared and we have been unable to find even with a private investigator.

We decided to put it all in a storage unit so we could get the house cleared out and sold.

Now what do we do with it? The property consists of both valuable items (furniture, car parts, appliances, a small wine collection, electronics) and personal sentimental items like photographs, etc. None of it belongs to the Estate so we can't use the agent process under RCW 11.76.200 et seq. Can we deliver all this junk to DOR Unclaimed Property?

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.