[WSBAPT] Blocked account for dual decedent estate

Morgan Canterbury mcanterbury at vashonlaw.com
Mon Mar 20 10:31:46 PDT 2017

Good morning all,

I have a dual decedent estate (father/son) with a court order to deposit
estate funds into a blocked account. Chase and US Bank have both declined to
open a blocked account for us because we have one estate with one EIN and
two decedents. Has anyone else run into this problem before? If so, how did
you resolve it and/or which institution did you go to? Help? Please? It's
the perfect Monday morning problem to drive me nuts.

I'm going to try US Bank again, but would love other suggestions before I
spend any more time on this.

Thank you,

Morgan

Morgan Canterbury