[WSBAPT] bill of sale for inheritance?

Teunis J. Wyers teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Thu Jun 29 13:23:37 PDT 2017

I think a bill of sale is about the best you can do, but include as much
descriptive information as you can obtain.  Is there a VIN? Is there a
number stamped on the frame somewhere? If there is a motor in it, include
the serial number of the motor, which would be stamped into a flat spot
machined into the casting somewhere.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Krista MacLaren <kjm.inc at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Listmates,
>
> Is there something like a bill of sale that I could draft to document an
> item passing from an estate to an heir at no charge?  My client’s father
> (the decedent) had a very valuable collectible car (an AC Aceca), but it
> hasn’t had a title since the 1970s in CA, and it is undriveable, it is
> basically just the body, as I understand it.  The client hasn’t figured out
> what to do with it yet, and the estate is ready to close.  It doesn’t
> currently meet the criteria for getting a new title, and I am thinking it
> is just like other tangible personal property with no title.  It might be
> helpful though to have something that documents what she knows about its
> history and shows that she transferred it from his estate to herself and
> her sister, and they are the legal owners of it, to satisfy a future
> buyer.  Any suggestions or a sample document?
>
> Thank you,
>

> Krista J. MacLaren
> Attorney at Law
> Northgate Executive Center II
> 9725 3rd Ave NE, Suite 600
> Seattle, WA 98115
> (206)523-6116 <(206)%20523-6116>
> kjm.inc at mac.com
>
> Please note, as with most email providers, Mac does not encrypt email
> messages.  Accordingly, the confidentiality of messages sent to this
> address cannot be assured.  This e-mail is intended for viewing only by the
> individual or entity to whom its content is addressed, and it may contain
> confidential or privileged information.  If you received this email in
> error, please honor the privacy of the intended recipient: reply to the
> sender regarding the error and delete the message.

Teunis J. Wyers @ Wyers|Wyers, Attorneys
Oregon Office:
     216 Columbia St. - P.O. Box 917
     Hood River, OR 97031
     (541)386-2210/610-1520 (fax)
Washington Office:
     218 E. Steuben St. - P. O. Box 421
     Bingen, WA  98605
     (509) 493-2772/493-2406 (fax)
Email:  teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Web:  www.wyerslawpc.com

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522,
is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other
than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client
privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated
therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me
immediately by reply e-mail and immediately delete the original message.