[WSBAPT] TEDRA for Technically Defective (invalid) Will?

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Wed Jun 21 15:52:26 PDT 2017

In my opinion you can use the TEDRA Agreeme.nt, and avoid any gifting from the  siblings. The TDERA Agreement can recite that the partner in the Committed Intimate Relationship could assert ownership under the decisions affecting rights of CIR persons and that all parties acknowledge such rights. Did this recently, working with Karolyn Hicks of Stokes Lawrence. I handled the probate and Karolyn represented the surviving partner. She persuaded all of the heirs at law under intestacy that the rights of the CIR would prevail.
No gift tax ramifications.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.