[WSBAPT] Closing estate with foreign property

Setareh Mahmoodi mahmoodi.setareh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 16:29:50 PDT 2017

Can you share your responses please? I, too, have one of these.

Thanks,

Setareh

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Sherry Bosse Lueders <
sherry at sherryluederslaw.com> wrote:

> Listmates,
>

> Decedent had a Swiss bank account with some, but not much, gold in it. No
> beneficiary wants to take a distribution of the account now because current
> fees on the account exceed its value, but the PR believes the price of gold
> will go up and make the account an asset of value. Question: Can the WA
> probate be closed with the Swiss account undistributed and still in
> decedent’s name because the asset is outside WA jurisdiction?
>

> Any thoughts?
>

> *Sherry Bosse Lueders* | Of Counsel
>

> Stacey L. Romberg, Attorney at Law
>
> Telephone:  (206) 784-5305
>
> Fax:  (206) 789-8103
>

> Visit our website at http://staceyromberg.com/.
>

> This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
> exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you
> have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender
> and delete the message. Thank you.

*Best regards, *

*Setareh Mahmoodi *

*Attorney at Law *

*18222 104th Ave NE, Suite 103*

*Bothell, WA 98011*

*Phone: 425-806-1500*

*Cell: 206-683-1006 *

*Fax: 425-489-4142 (Please email documents if at all possible) *

*Website: **http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/ <http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This email message and any attachments is a
transmission from the law firm and is intended for the recipient only.  It
may contain information that is confidential and legally protected by the
attorney-client, work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the
designated or intended recipient, please destroy the message without
disclosing any of its contents and notify us immediately by reply email or
by calling (425) 806-1500.

Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to
advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax
advice contained in this communication, including attachments and
enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for
the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal
Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party
any tax-related matters addressed herein.