[WSBAPT] Procedure re: appointment of Guardian ad Litem

Donna Calf Robe DonnaC at bhdlaw.com
Fri Jul 14 11:49:34 PDT 2017

Jon,
If you don’t include the request in the initial petition, you can file a separate petition after the appointment of the PR.  You don’t need to use the GAL registry.  You can request a specific attorney serve as the PGAL. I usually ask someone to serve that has experience in probates. I have been able to get a PGAL appointed in King County, ex parte via the clerk’s office to avoid a hearing.  I’ve done this for a minor.  If the heir/beneficiary needing the PGAL is allegedly incapacitated and not under guardianship, then I’d probably do it with a hearing and provide them with notice.  It’s not governed by TEDRA.

Donna

Donna M. Calf Robe
Attorney at Law
Brothers Henderson Dussault, P.S.