[WSBAPT] Referral Request: Vancouver, WA Probate Attorney

Rebecca King rebecca at nwelg.com
Thu Jul 13 12:23:49 PDT 2017

Good afternoon,

I have a relative that was named as the secondary beneficiary on a life insurance policy.  The primary beneficiary was the decedent's spouse.  They divorced after the beneficiary designation was completed.  Ex-spouse is claiming she is entitled to insurance proceeds.   I have been trying to work with the insurance company, providing them with relevant statutory and case law authority, to get them to distribute the insurance proceeds to my relative, but they are now saying they are requiring a court order to release the funds.  I have taken this as far as I can from Seattle and am looking for a Clark County attorney to take it from here.  Self-referrals welcome.

Kind regards,
Rebecca King
Attorney

PLEASE NOTE: Our new address is 2150 N. 107th Street, Suite 501, Seattle, WA 98133

Northwest Elder Law Group
2150 N. 107th Street, Suite 501
Seattle, WA 98133
(206) 937-6102