[WSBAPT] Issue with Testamentary Trust being the beneficiary of an IRA

James B. Dolan jbdolan at jbdolan.com
Wed Jul 5 16:22:09 PDT 2017

Jenna:

Consider transferring the IRA to another company.  I have run into this problem with Chase.  I do not recall the exact IRC (401 and/or 402) that permits a “pass through’ or “look through” the trust to the beneficiary.  Despite having letters from two CPA’s explaining this, Chase still would not do it, so my client simply transferred the IRA to a different company and they did it (I do not recall which company that was).

Good luck,

Jim Dolan

===================

Jones Butler Dolan, PS