[WSBAPT] Who is entitled to Notice of Appointment/

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Jan 31 08:41:29 PST 2017

The PR's duty is only to exercise reasonable diligence to find those heirs. So depending on the size of the estate and the amount at stake, reasonable diligence might or might not require hiring an investigator or an heir search firm. If it's affordable, I would suggest doing that before filing the petition.

If someone can't be found, it's okay to just list an heir's address as "unknown" so long as the reaonable diligence standard is met.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.