[WSBAPT] Claim in probate/ Creditor opening a probate

Setareh Mahmoodi mahmoodi.setareh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:51:18 PST 2017

Thank you all for your responses. Mark, I thought of that as well. However,
there is a Will, unclear whether or not it mentions this contract, but
contract seems to have all components of a valid contract (have not seen it
yet). I would argue the same points as Eric.

The "due on death clause" is because the decedent lacked liquidated assets,
but had plenty of properties or other assets that could be liquidated after
his death. The contract was for caregiver services received by the decedent
in the years prior to his death.

Thanks,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Eric Nelsen <Eric at sayrelawoffices.com>
wrote:

> I like Mark's point--I didn't think about that fact pattern. Is this truly
> a written agreement that says payment for services due on death of the
> party? I do think it would be enforceable though, because it's not a
> gratuitous transfer but rather payment for services rendered. The fact that
> the due date is "on death" is unusual but I don't think it removes it from
> the realm of contract enforcement.
>

> Seen from that perspective, I'd argue it's also subject to the creditor
> claim statute. It's a contract entered into during life of the decedent,
> even if technically does not come due until later.
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Eric
>

> Eric C. Nelsen
>
> SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
>
> 1417 31st Ave South
>
> Seattle WA  98144-3909
>
> phone 206-625-0092 <(206)%20625-0092>
>
> fax 206-625-9040 <(206)%20625-9040>
>

> *Please Note that We Have Moved.* We have moved our Seattle office to
> Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90
> tunnel). *Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. *All
> other contact information remains the same.

Please always call 206-683-1006 or email before dropping by the office as I
could be in court or meetings. Thanks!

*Best regards, *

*Setareh Mahmoodi *

*Attorney at Law *

*18222 104th Ave NE, Suite 103*

*Bothell, WA 98011*

*Phone: 425-806-1500*

*Cell: 206-683-1006*

*Fax: 425-489-4142 (Please email documents if at all possible) *

*Website: **http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/ <http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/>*