[WSBAPT] Joint Minor Guardianship

Erin Fairley erin at leschilaw.com
Tue Jan 17 16:43:30 PST 2017

I just did this in front of Comm V and he accepted two in one petition. Did require a bond though...
you can email me off list for details
Erin at leschilaw.com<mailto:Erin at leschilaw.com>

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 17, 2017, at 4:40 PM, Tara M. Roberts <pugetsoundlaw at gmail.com<mailto:pugetsoundlaw at gmail.com>> wrote:

Two minor kids are named directly as beneficiaries to receive a decent amount of life insurance over $50k each following death of father.  The insurance company is asking for Letters of Guardianship from the surviving parent.

I'm wondering if it is possible to do a "joint" guardianship action for both kids, since the facts are so similar.  Mom will be guardian for both, reporting schedule should be same, asset for each child is similar, investment power should all be the same - with the obvious exception that the guardian would maintain separate accounts for each child and account for funds separately.

Any chance this would work?  Or is separate actions the only way to go?

Thanks in advance,
Tara M. Roberts
Puget Sound Law pllc
roberts at pugetsoundlaw.com<mailto:roberts at pugetsoundlaw.com>

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message and any copies you may have.  Thank you.