[WSBAPT] Finding a CIR- Meretricious Relationship for a decedent?

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Tue Jan 17 16:21:14 PST 2017

Something to consider, which is not really an answer to your question, but I have questioned in the past:
If a couple get a marriage license, and are in fact married by a qualified party, does the absence of a filed marriage certificate mean that they are not married?  RCW 26.04.080 et seq. seems to put the onus on the officiant but doesn’t address the ramifications to the married couple of failing to get the Certificate filed.
I would appreciate the opinions of others.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West