[WSBAPT] New DPOA Law and Using DPOA in Favor of AIF

John Creahan john at cairn-law.com
Thu Jan 5 15:52:53 PST 2017

Jacob,
I don’t know if this answers your question, but RCW 11.125.240 specifically authorizes “even in the absence of a specific grant of authority, make any transfer of resources not prohibited under chapter 74.09<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=74.09> RCW when the transfer is for the purpose of qualifying the principal for medical assistance or the limited casualty program for the medically needy.”
Thanks,
John

John Creahan
www.cairn-law.com<http://www.cairn-law.com/>