[WSBAPT] transferring title via divorce decree

Tom J. Westbrook tjw at w3net.net
Thu Feb 2 07:07:27 PST 2017

Rachel,

In addition to Eric’s always great advice, the Dissolution Decree will have language in it that both parties must hold the other harmless from collection; typically in or around Section 3.6 of the Decree. I have had luck bringing a motion for enforcement of the Decree, for specific performance of the violated provision and requesting an order that the violator will be held in contempt of court for failing to hold the other harmless if he or she does not. You can also get an award of attorney fees under the Decree for having to cause enforcement. Just a thought.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas J. Westbrook

Attorney at Law

Rodgers, Kee & Card

324 West Bay Drive NW, Suite 201

Olympia, Washington  98502

Phone: 360-352-8311

Facsimile: 360-352-8501

Email: tjw at buddbaylaw.com

Skype: thomas.westbrook

www.buddbaylaw.com

The information contained in this email and attachment(s) are for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain private, privileged and/or confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, you are strictly prohibited from reading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this email or its contents in any way. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at 360-352-8311 or by e-mail to reception at buddbaylaw.com, and destroy the original message from your electronic files.