[WSBAPT] Establish New Case Number

Paul Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 18:06:18 PST 2017

I had a client just named by a court order to be the custodian of her
child's inheritance (left by a friend).  I ran the motion to establish the
custodian through the probate estate case number since the PR agreed with
the order and it was through an inheritance where statute states the PR is
to name a custodian.... I digress.

Now, if we need a distribution or transfer banks, etc, a court order is
required but I do not want to continue to use the probate estate case
number.  Thoughts on how to establish the court order under it's own, new
case number so all future court action will be private and away from the
probate?

Thank you in advance to those who know court procedure!

Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M

Planning with Purpose, Inc
Lynnwood, WA 98036
425-939-9948
www.planningwithpurposeinc.com

Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.