[WSBAPT] life estate

Bryce Dille BryceD at cdb-law.com
Sun Dec 17 15:01:38 PST 2017

Why aren’t you using transfer on death deed so you preserve step up in basis on death of mother

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 17, 2017, at 1:48 PM, Rachel Edmiston <rachel.edmiston at gmail.com<mailto:rachel.edmiston at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi,

One of my clients wants to give her house to her daughter and retain a life estate for herself.  I thought this was done by filing a quit claim deed that retained a life estate, but I’m having a hard time finding a sample. Do any of you have one I could use as a guide?  I’d also appreciate any helpful tips you might have or warnings about pitfalls as I’ve obviously never done this before.

Thank you,

Rachel Edmiston

--
Rachel Edmiston,
PO Box 13738

CONFIDENTIAL: ATTORNEY/CLIENT PRIVILEGED; ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT The information contained in this email is intended for the individual or entity above. This email is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521 and is legally protected by the attorney/client privilege and/or work product doctrine. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use, forward or disclose this communication to others; also, please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete this message from your system. Thank you.

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>     Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>