[WSBAPT] Safe Deposit Box

Setareh Mahmoodi mahmoodi.setareh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:24:11 PST 2017

You can use the below language in the order:

"1.  To permit Petitioner, at estate expense, to open at that Branch Safety
Box No. XXXX.
2.  To deliver or release any purported Will, Codicil, or other estate
document(s) of Decedent contained in that Box to Petitioner or Petitioner’s
attorney, XXXX for prompt filing with this Court.
3.  The Bank, at its expense, may concurrently make and retain a photocopy
of the documents."

I recently did one where I had to personally go to the bank as the PR was
unavailable to get the documents out and had no problems with the order
containing this language. I recommend you contact the branch directly and
speak to the manager to make sure there are no other requirements that they
impose before getting the order.

Good luck,

Setareh

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Anthony Vivenzio <
vivenziolaw at rockisland.com> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I have my first situation of a sweet elderly lady passing on and leaving
> her will in her safety deposit box.  I will be opening an administration,
> as we have no will at this point.  I’m preparing an order for the Court
> directing the bank to provide access to the box.  I understand that the PR
> is the primary participant who needs to be present in the bank situation.
> However, the PR lives in CA so I am wondering if I can draft an order
> authorizing access for her and/or me to attend the opening.  Any advice
> would be greatly appreciated.
>

> *Anthony D. Vivenzio*,
>
> Attorney and Counselor at Law
>
> PO Box 208
>
> 540 Guard Street, Ste. 260
>
> Friday Harbor, WA  98250
>
> (360) 378-6860
>
> vivenziolaw at rockisland.com
>

> *CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION*
> *E-mails from this firm normally contain confidential and privileged
> material, are for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain
> material protected by HIPAA, ERISA or other federal or state law and/or may
> be protected by legal privileges. Use or distribution by an unintended
> recipient is prohibited, and may be a violation of law. If you believe that
> you received this e-mail in error, please do not read this e-mail or any
> attached items. Please delete the e-mail and all attachments, including any
> copies thereof, and inform the sender that you have deleted the e-mail, all
> attachments and any copies thereof. Thank you.*

*Best regards, *

*Setareh Mahmoodi *

*Attorney at Law *

*18222 104th Ave NE, Suite 103*

*Bothell, WA 98011*

*Phone: 425-806-1500*

*Cell: 206-683-1006 *

*Fax: 425-489-4142 (Please email documents if at all possible) *

*Website: **http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/ <http://www.lawofficesofsm.com/>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This email message and any attachments is a
transmission from the law firm and is intended for the recipient only.  It
may contain information that is confidential and legally protected by the
attorney-client, work product and/or other privileges.  If you are not the
designated or intended recipient, please destroy the message without
disclosing any of its contents and notify us immediately by reply email or
by calling (425) 806-1500.

Pursuant to U.S. Treasury Department Regulations, we are now required to
advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax
advice contained in this communication, including attachments and
enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for
the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal
Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party
any tax-related matters addressed herein.