[WSBAPT] family dispute over disposition of remains

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Tue Dec 5 16:59:01 PST 2017

I have run into this on at least a couple of occasions. One pre-TEDRA the other Post. I did not use TEDRA in either situation (the second time I copied what worked the first time). Both times I handled it as a general motion and order in Ex-Parte, in the Probate matter, with notice to all parties (the siblings in your situation). Another time, we were able to bribe a relative whose consent was required by giving him a written promise that he would not be responsible for the costs of the cremation/services, but would be paid by the granddaughter who was inheriting everything.

I’m sure TEDRA would work as well.

This is why I try to include the most basic cremation/burial instructions in most Wills I prepare.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>
Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.