[WSBAPT] Non-Self Proving Will

Teunis J. Wyers teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Fri Dec 1 09:51:04 PST 2017

That is what I have done in this situation. If, for example, you can find
only one of the witnesses, just tell the story in the petition for probate
and it is likely that the court will accept the will.

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Brent Williams-Ruth <brent at bwrconsults.com>
wrote:

> List -
>
> I was presented with a Will executed in 2014. It was signed by the
> Decedent and two witnesses, but it lacks the self-proving affidavit that
> has been sworn by two witnesses and a notary.
>
> To probate such a will, would I simply create the Affidavit now and seek
> the witnesses and have them sign now? What if they are deceased or unable
> to be located?
>
> Appreciate any thoughts.
>
> Brent
>
> --
>
> *Brent Williams-Ruth*
> *Founding Member*
>
> *BWR Consulting, PLLC*
>
> Phone: (425) 830-5134
>
> e-mail <brent at bwrconsults.com> / website <http://www.bwrconsults.com> /
> facebook <http://www.facebook.com/bwrconsults>

Teunis J. Wyers @ Wyers|Wyers, Attorneys
Oregon Office:
     216 Columbia St. - P.O. Box 917
     Hood River, OR 97031
     (541)386-2210/610-1520 (fax)
Washington Office:
     218 E. Steuben St. - P. O. Box 421
     Bingen, WA  98605
     (509) 493-2772/493-2406 (fax)
Email:  teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Web:  www.wyerslawpc.com

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522,
is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other
than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client
privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated
therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me
immediately by reply e-mail and immediately delete the original message.