[WSBAPT] Receipts for distribution from estate

Donna Calf Robe DonnaC at bhdlaw.com
Tue Aug 29 09:19:00 PDT 2017

I agree with Heather.  I never ask anyone to sign a receipt saying they received something before they receive it.  I usually send them the accounting with the proposed distribution plan and a pleadings to sign saying they have reviewed and approve the accounting/distribution plan, and the actions of the PR.  Once I get all of those back, the PR distributes and we send receipts.  I tell the PR to keep proof of checks mailed and cashed in the event anyone doesn't return a receipt.

Donna

Donna M. Calf Robe
Attorney at Law
Brothers Henderson Dussault, P.S.