[WSBAPT] Receipts for distribution from estate

Teunis J. Wyers teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Mon Aug 28 13:05:44 PDT 2017

What you propose, Rich, is exactly the way we normally handle this
situation.

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 12:31 PM, J Richard McEntee, Jr. <
jrmcentee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello listmates
>
> I recently filed a petition for decree of distribution. Following a
> hearing on my petition, I obtained an order discharging the PR upon filing
> of receipts from each of the heirs and beneficiaries. Can someone share
> with me the process by which you typically send checks and receipts to
> heirs? I am thinking that I would use regular mail and enclose the check, a
> receipt, and a stamped return envelope along with a cautionary letter that
> the beneficiary is not authorized to cash or deposit the check until such
> time as they have signed and returned the receipt? Are there other better
> ways to handle this such that I am likely to receive the receipts back?
>
> Rich
>

> *RICH McENTEE*
> *McENTEE LAW OFFICE*
> 3800 Bridgeport Way W, Ste A411
> University Place, WA 98466
> 253.227.9894 <(253)%20227-9894>(m)
> jrmcentee at gmail.com

Teunis J. Wyers @ Wyers|Wyers, Attorneys
Oregon Office:
     216 Columbia St. - P.O. Box 917
     Hood River, OR 97031
     (541)386-2210/610-1520 (fax)
Washington Office:
     218 E. Steuben St. - P. O. Box 421
     Bingen, WA  98605
     (509) 493-2772/493-2406 (fax)
Email:  teunisj at wyerslawpc.com
Web:  www.wyerslawpc.com

NOTICE:  This email (including any attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act (EPCA), 18 U.S.C., Sec. 2510 - 2522,
is confidential and privileged.  This email is solely for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  Receipt by anyone other
than the individual recipient(s) is NOT a waiver of attorney-client
privilege.  Any violation of the ECPA is subject to the penalties stated
therein. If you have received this message in error, please notify me
immediately by reply e-mail and immediately delete the original message.