[WSBAPT] Acceptance (or Non-Acceptance) of Durable Power of Attorney by Title Company Under the New Uniform Power of Attorney Act

John Creahan john at cairn-law.com
Thu Aug 10 14:31:03 PDT 2017

Doug,
I have never dealt with anything close to this issue, but I can see why the title company would be reluctant. As I understand it, when he gave his son the power to sell the house, the father did not relinquish his power over the asset. That puts the title company in a difficult position if the father is opposed to the sale.
Removing the father's power to decide might help resolve the issue, but that would likely require either a trust or guardianship.
Hope this helps,
John

John Creahan
www.cairn-law.com<http://www.cairn-law.com/>