[WSBAPT] King County - Estate sale company scammers

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri Aug 4 12:30:24 PDT 2017

Just got a call from a potential client who appears to have been badly scammed by an estate sale company based in Kirkland (sole proprietorship according to the business records database).

Contract specified they would hold the sale then clean out the house, and would pay to the Estate a percentage of money brought in.

They held the sale over Memorial Day weekend, and over two months later have paid nothing and provided no accounting, and also refused to come back to clean out what did not sell.

Looks like they have multiple complaints via BBB for doing just this kind of thing.

They also sent the client some photos of the items remaining after the sale, one of which (I swear I am not making this up) apparently shows via a window reflection that the man taking the picture was, uh, naked.

Sending this email to advise everybody who handles estates in King County--if your client needs to hire an estate seller, best to get a referral to a company known to be reputable.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.