[WSBAPT] Interest and Fees on Credit Cards after death

Eden Rubenstein Toner attorneytoner at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 2 14:17:40 PDT 2017

Yes, that’s right.

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Lisa E Schuchman
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 12:13 PM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv
Subject: Re: [WSBAPT] Interest and Fees on Credit Cards after death

Although I can’t find this in a statute, it has always been my understanding that a claim is for a debt as of the date of death.  Added interest or fees would be claims against the estate, not against the decedent.  Doesn’t that make sense?

Lisa E. Schuchman
206-960-4212
www.lisaschuchman.com <http://www.lisaschuchman.com/>

I learn, I give. – Gloria Steinem

NOTE: I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office via email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client privilege. This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your matter is urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.

Any tax advice included in this document and its attachments was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code.

P  Please consider the trees before printing this document