[WSBAPT] 1099-C Question

Doug Owens dougowens at seattlerelawyer.com
Tue Aug 1 11:09:06 PDT 2017

Dear Brent, RCW 61.24.110 might help your PC.  Yours truly, Doug Owens
On Aug 1, 2017, at 6:50 AM, Brent Williams-Ruth <brent at bwrconsults.com<mailto:brent at bwrconsults.com>> wrote:

Good Morning List Mates -

I have a PC that is needing assistance regarding a Cancellation of Debt.

It was a for a second mortgage on a property, during the down turn, he got the 1099-C canceling the debt but claims that the bank continues to have a lien on the property.

Is there anyone here that would be willing to talk with me for a couple minutes to point me in the right directions regarding the process over these as this just logically does not sound right.

Appreciate the time and consideration.

Brent

--

Brent Williams-Ruth