[WSBAPT] Non-PR & Non-Trustee Liability/Culpability?

Felicia Value, Attorney at Law felicia at skagitprobate.com
Fri Apr 21 11:09:25 PDT 2017

I had a case like this years back,  Paul,  and I withdrew.  I wrote a letter to my client with a clear reiteration of our conversations re: their intent to disregard the directives of the Will and keep assets themselves,  went through the proper notice process and got out of there.  Even if my client had changed their mind,  the fact that they’d considered doing that in the first place made me unwilling to work with them.  To me it indicates a fundamental dishonesty and willful blindness that I want to stay far away from.

I’ve certainly worked on estates where my PR said “But this is not what the decedent wanted!”  and I’ve said “I believe you!” and then we’ve made the distributions as described in the Will or intestacy statues.

Good luck -

Felicia

Felicia Value
Attorney at Law
PO Box 578/116 North Third Street
La Conner, WA 98257
(360) 466-2088
www.skagitprobate.com

NOTE: I do not use encrypted email. Messages sent to or
from my office via email are not secure and may not be
protected by attorney client privilege. This email address
is not monitored at all times. If your matter is urgent,
please phone my office during regular business hours.

This email may contain confidential material protected by
attorney/client privilege, and is intended for use solely by the above
referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure,
distribution, or other use by any person or entity is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the named recipient, or
believe you have received this email in error, please reply to the
sender and delete the copy you received. Thank you.