[WSBAPT] Non-PR & Non-Trustee Liability/Culpability?

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Thu Apr 20 14:41:20 PDT 2017

I agree with Steve. On the civil side, I think what she's contemplating would subject her to "executor de son tort" (executor by one's wrongful acts) liability; see RCW 11.48.180<http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=11.48.180>. Though I've never really had to deal with the concept, so I'd probably do a lot of nationwide case law research to figure out exactly how that kind of liability attaches, and what kind of statute of limitations applies. I don't think there is much in Washington case law, though I faintly recall a case or two that might address it.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.