[WSBAPT] Non-PR & Non-Trustee Liability/Culpability?

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 13:26:31 PDT 2017

A client, after several rationalizations, wants to keep deceased mom’s estate.  No probate will be opened.  While she is paying off the creditors, she intends to keep the left over money (less than $50k) because “that is what Mom wanted” despite being contrary to Mom’s Will (despite my advice otherwise and multiple cya letters).  In doing research, I find  cases regarding PR liability and applicable statute of limitation and trustees and their statutes of limitation (appears to be three years after discovery), but I am not finding cases regarding the non-PR and non-trustee liability and culpability?  Any thoughts?  The beneficiaries under the Will probably don’t even know that “Mom” has passed (and in other state.)

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D2B9D9.094F7610]