[WSBAPT] Real Estate Contract - Recording - REET - Skagit County

Craig Gourley craig at glgmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:17:01 PDT 2017

The REET is due on recording of the contract.  No deed is required now and no deed should be recorded as it defeats the security purpose of the contract. Treasurer needs to stop giving legal advice.  Especially when it is wrong.  I have threatened (in writing) to sue the Snohomish County Treasurer more than once for their unauthorized practice of law for refusing to record unless we change excise tax affidavits to clearly erroneous WAC codes and changing the content of excise tax affidavits over my client's signature.  The Treasurer's offices seem to have taken on a new role in the last few years.

Gourley Law Group
Snohomish Escrow
The Exchange Connection

1002 10th Street / PO Box 1091