[WSBAPT] I need ideas - 1/2 community real property into trust

Christopher Small chris at cmslawfirm.com
Mon Apr 10 10:34:20 PDT 2017

Interesting scenario here, would love some feedback.

Here are the facts:

   - Married couple owns home outright - community property
   - Spouse 1 dies with will, leaving home to Spouse 2
   - S1's estate needs to go through probate for other reasons
   - S2 now sick, wants to put property into trust (for various reasons)

Question - is there any way to get the property into the trust without
having to wait until the probate is complete?

More specifically, is it possible for S2 to transfer his interest in the
property into trust now and transfer the remaining interest that (I think)
is currently frozen until probate is complete?

Would love anyone's feedback, ideas, etc. If you need more info, please let
me know.

Sincerely,
Christopher Small
CMS Law Firm LLC <http://cmslawfirm.com>