[WSBAPT] Self-Serving Receipt of Heir

Paul pneumiller at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 15:09:18 PDT 2016

Just saw something that raised my eyebrows in a probate where I represent a beneficiary.  The PR's attorney prepared, and is distributing for signature, a "Receipt of Heirs" that releases the estate, the PR, AND THE PR'S ATTORNEY.  It releases "[PR's attorney's name], in his capacity as attorney for the personal representative, from any further or other liability with regard to this matter."  This just doesn't pass the smell test for me.  OR, should I start preparing my Receipt of Heirs by releasing me for probates I am handling???  What is the common practice out there in probate land?

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D218D1.0311B7D0]