[WSBAPT] Handling credit card debt - probate

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 12:29:29 PDT 2016

Make sure the survivor does not use the card post Mortem. I had a case of a SP card in decedent's name only and the two year statute expired. But the survivor had used it post Mortem.

The bank dinged her with a negative credit report as she was getting ready to take out a mortgage. We paid the card off in exchange for clearing the credit report.

John Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone