[WSBAPT] WSBA Initiatives

McCormick, Jody JMcCormick at watrust.com
Tue Sep 6 18:13:21 PDT 2016

I am sending this post as the Chair of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of WSBA in case you are like most busy practitioners and are not keeping up on the inner-workings of the state bar.  The purpose of the email is not to take a position, but simply to pass on information.  WSBA is working on two initiatives that my impact RPPT and its members.  WSBA is considering amendments to its bylaws.  The WSBA Bylaws Workgroup has been meeting since November of 2015 and has proposed rather extensive changes.   A link to the Bylaws Workgroup page containing the proposed changes follows:

http://www.wsba.org/Legal-Community/Committees-Boards-and-Other-Groups/Bylaws-Work-Group/Proposed-Bylaws-Amendments

Another initiative is much more section focused.  The Sections Policy Workgroup got off to a rocky start at the end of last year, but has since regrouped and added section leaders to the workgroup.  The workgroup is focused on analyzing how the 28 sections of WSBA interact with the bar and serve their members.  A link to the Section Policy Workgroup page follows:

http://www.wsba.org/About-WSBA/Governance/Sections-Policy-Work-Group

RoseMary Reed, our chair-elect, is an at large member of the Sections Policy Workgroup, and RPPT has created a sub-committee whose members regularly attends Board of Governor meetings to keep the RPPT executive committee members apprised of issues that may impact RPPT.
While other sections have been quite critical of WSBA and some of its initiatives, our approach at RPPT is to work with WSBA to ensure that RPPT will continue  to have the ability to provide high quality services to its members through CLE, legislation, our newsletter, our website and other benefits.

Feel free to reach out to me or other executive committee members with questions or comments.

Jody M. McCormick
RPPT Chair
jmmccormick at watrust.com<mailto:jmmccormick at watrust.com>
509-354-1048

Jody M. McCormick
Corporate Counsel - Commercial
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D170B7.8FA9EFE0]
717 W. Sprague Ave I Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 354-1048 (direct) I (509) 353-6969 (fax)
jmccormick at watrust.com<mailto:jmccormick at watrust.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This transmission is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual named recipient. It may be protected by the attorney-client privilege, work product doctrine, or other confidentiality protection. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, be advised that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender via e-mail or by telephone at (509) 353-3921 that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended for use solely by the above-referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited under applicable law. If you are not the named recipient, or believe you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this message and delete the copy you received