[WSBAPT] Does a Transfer to JTWROS trigger due on sale?

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Mon Oct 24 08:59:49 PDT 2016

I don't see any way to get this property to the Church without triggering the due on sale clause. Garn St. Germain does not protect non-relative beneficiaries at death, and an addition to title now, that is not family is likely to cause the bank to call the mortgage now.

Could some life insurance on client be purchased, payable to church to pay off mortgage when it is called? Then client can give house to Church in his Will.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.