[WSBAPT] Decedent's Account Name Does Not Match Pleadings

David Faber david at faberfeinson.com
Wed Oct 12 12:01:43 PDT 2016

WSBAPT:

PR in a probate I'm working just tried use their Letters to pull estate
funds out of decedent's account but was denied because the name on
Decedent's account was Decedent's former name and not the name Decedent had
at their time of death. Bank is now asking for a marriage certificate
showing the name change, but PR is having trouble tracking down a marriage
certificate. I would expect that because the social security numbers are
identical across the death cert and the bank account, they would not need a
marriage certificate, but they are apparently not amenable to this line of
logic.  Any advice on what to do here?

Best,
David J. Faber
Faber Feinson PLLC
210 Polk Street, Suite 1
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 379-4110

*** NOTICE: ATTORNEY CLIENT COMMUNICATION - PRIVILEGED & CONFIDENTIAL.
This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that
you have received this communication in error, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,
please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in
error, and destroy the copy you received.***