[WSBAPT] probate firearms transfers

Cyrus Field cyfield at rockisland.com
Fri Nov 18 11:55:36 PST 2016

Folks- I am in the process of opening a probate where assets apparently include a number of pistols and rifles, a few of which may be antiques but otherwise just regular (e.g. not semi-auto, silencers, etc) as far as I know. Under the Will  they will pass to mature children who are both residents of Oregon and possess concealed weapons permits there. >From my reading of RCW 9.41.113(4)(g) no background check, or anything special, needs to be done to legally make the transfer but I could use a reality check. Any feedback or referral to resources on the topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon)

phone: 360-472-1223 Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286 Office: 640 Mullis St. Friday Harbor, WA

The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments, may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete the original and any copies.