[WSBAPT] Sibling buy out

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Wed Nov 16 16:41:50 PST 2016

I probably wouldn't do the forgiveness as proposed.  Instead, why not make note payable on sale and if obligor-child dies prior to sale, the debt obligation terminates on death (unless they want to receive their inheritance, the note can also be payable on death of the child)?

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
P.O. Box 1689
Yakima, Washington  98907