[WSBAPT] Recording a Copy of a Document

Ron Housh ron at housh.org
Fri Nov 11 14:33:21 PST 2016

Surprising I have never dealt with the following issue before.

Will the Recorder accept for recording the copy of a document?  More specifically, Condo Board has a copy of a signed and notarized Declaration Amendment dated 4 years ago.   The original was never recorded and no one can find the original.  They would prefer to avoid the “hassle” of having a new document prepared and have asked whether the copy of the fully signed Amendment can be recorded.

Many years ago I was told the Recorder would record “anything” as long as the recording fee is paid.  Not sure that is true anymore.

Any experiences to be shared?   Thanks!

I AM TYPICALLY IN THE SEATTLE OFFICE ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY AND IN THE MOUNT VERNON OFFICE ON MONDAY, WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY

Ronald G. Housh, P.S.

Attorney at Law

Seattle Office:

1420 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3000