[WSBAPT] Non-resident probate

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Tue Nov 1 09:09:35 PDT 2016

See In re Estate of Tolson, 89 Wn.App. 21, 31-32, 947 P.2d 1242 (1997), for the discussion re primary/ancillary; it also discusses full faith and credit effects of determination of domicile in one jurisdiction over another. If the financial institutions will abide by a WA order, then maybe you could do it here, but I think there's a risk that someone could open a competing probate in AZ and you'd end up in a dispute over jurisdiction. Even if you ultimately won (it's not automatic that the WA probate would be dismissed if started first), it could complicate things and add expense.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.