[WSBAPT] Hold Harmless Agreement

Carl L. Gay clgay at tfon.com
Fri May 20 15:02:50 PDT 2016

Merely a Friday afternoon musing (or laziness) on my part, but why would you want a “simple” hold harmless clause in a written agreement?  After the contract is signed, the ONLY time you’re ever going to go back and look at that clause again is if a dispute arises relative to a party’s (perhaps your client) obligation or entitlement regarding indemnification.  I would want that clause to be very specific and in drafting it, I would want to thoroughly consider the various risks and ramifications in order to ensure my client is either protected or has a clearly enforceable hammer to compel indemnification.  Happy weekend.

Carl Gay

Port Angeles