[WSBAPT] RE Excise Tax question

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Wed May 18 14:06:27 PDT 2016

Under the provisions of the Real Estate Excise Tax rules the transfer of the
interest is for value, equal to the relief from debt, so would be subject to
tax as a “sale”. If there is remaining debt, that debt is not part of the
consideration paid for the transfer.
http://app.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=458-61A-102
see the definition of consideration  and sale.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it’s confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.