[WSBAPT] Distribution to beneficiary in Ukraine

Karl Flaccus Karl at flaccuslaw.com
Thu Mar 31 14:04:27 PDT 2016

I represent a PR who will be distributing funds to a beneficiary in Ukraine.  The young Ukrainian says that having money in his country is dangerous, and is looking to the PR for ideas of how to transfer it to him safely and securely.   He has also been denied a visa to visit the US, but he may yet get over that hurdle.  Nevertheless, even if he were here in the US, he cannot open a bank account here, so far as I know, and the PR shouldn’t just hand him a check.   Any ideas?  Privacy is a concern.  How about setting up a Swiss bank account?  We are talking about just over 250K.

Does anyone have experience along these lines?  Thanks.

Karl Flaccus

FLACCUS LAW
7010 35th Ave. N.E.
Seattle, Washington  98115