[WSBAPT] PR in another country

Randy Petgrave randgrave at msn.com
Thu Jun 23 12:43:56 PDT 2016

I have a situation where the appointed PR lives in another country
(England).  Unfortunately, the alternate PR also lives abroad.

This is posing problematic in obtaining original signatures, notarizations
and other administrative issues.  We also need to submit an SS-4 to obtain a
tax ID number, and open an estate account.

The PR is willing, if necessary, to appoint a family member of the decedent
living locally, as an agent to work for her.

Any thoughts on best course of action or how I should handle this?  If using
the family member as an agent is the best way, is there any special way of
going about that?  Is there a standard appointment form letter (anyone would
be willing to share), or would a limited power of attorney work?  The more
creative or "non-standard" this looks, the more I anticipate push-back from
the financial institutions holding the decedent's investment accounts.

Your thoughts and input are appreciated.

Randy

Petgrave & Petgrave, PLLC

Attorneys at Law

P.O. Box 4142