[WSBAPT] creditor claim

Teresa Byers tbyers at gsblaw.com
Tue Jun 14 15:22:30 PDT 2016

Krista,

Were either you or the personal representative served with the claim? It's not enough to file with the court, see RCW 11.40.070:

a) Serving on or mailing to, by regular first-class mail, the personal representative or the personal representative's attorney a copy of the signed claim; and (b) filing the original of the signed claim with the court in which probate proceedings were commenced. A claim is deemed presented upon the later of the date of postmark or service on the personal representative, or the personal representative's attorney, and filing with the court.