[WSBAPT] Mobile Home title transfer after sheriff sale question

Schmidt & Yee syaloha at gte.net
Thu Jun 9 16:58:21 PDT 2016

Good Afternoon:

    I have hit a wall on trying to get a mobile home title transferred despite numerous attempts and reams of paperwork, the DOL will not issue a new or replacement title.  Mobile was bought by “Buyer” at Sheriff foreclosure sale back in 2008.  Sheriff gave bill of sale and nothing else was ever done.  The owner had died before sale and sole heir did not want the mobile.

    Fast forward to 2016 when Buyer is selling mobile but has not title.  Buyer knows there was not title elimination as it was on rented space.  Took Bill of Sale and application for replacement title to DOL.  They said not in system and will not do anything.  DOL says they purge all records every 6 years, so they have no record of the mobile.  Took pictures of mobile and its VIN number, but still will not issue a title.  Found old personal property REET online in county records, still DOL will not budge.

    Do anyone have any thought as to how we can get title so the mobile home can be sold?

Pam Yee
Schmidt & Yee, PC
18525 SW Vincent St
Aloha, OR 97078